Who are Food Safety and Handling Courses Designed for?

who should take food safety courses?

Different levels of food safety and handling courses can be taken by different people who work in the hospitality industry. In any environment where food is being handled, stored, or prepared, the people interacting must understand how to do so safely. So, who exactly should be taking food safety training?

By law, food business operators must ensure that their employees have adequate food safety training.

The first group of people that food safety training is essential for is those who work in food production or retail and handle wrapped foods. They require training in basic handling of food and in food hygiene. This includes retail workers who stock food items, back house employees like kitchen porters and warehouse staff, and front house employees like waiters and servers.

Next, we have anyone who works in a setting where food is prepared and cooked. This can include people working in catering, as chefs, in manufacturing, or even in retail. They must have training in food safety, food hygiene, and food preparation if customers are consuming the food that they work with. Some examples of such people include employees at restaurants, hotels, supermarkets, bakeries, food stall vendors, and so on.

Lastly, food safety and handling courses are for senior members of staff working in the food industry. These senior members in catering, manufacturing or retail are responsible for teams of people. For example, we have restaurant owners, managers at supermarkets, and food stall owners at markets.  Visit the Australian Institute of Accreditation for some of the best online Food Safety Supervisor and Food Handling Certificate courses. The institute provides level 1 and level 2 courses on food handling and courses on food safety for the hospitality and retail industries.

Comments are closed.